Sunday, September 6, 2009

I was sitting at a park near my church in the evening of 6th september 2009. The area was slightly secluded. You accessed it by walking across the jogging track that was built perfectly. It was sunny. There was a slight breeze and I could see people working out in the distance. The warmth of the sun burned on my skin just below the fabric of my jeans. The only sounds I could hear were natural. Even though I'm sure many people went to this place on the weekend, it felt untouched. I didn't know why I went there as I usually tried to stay away from areas that would bring on hay fever i but I felt like going there.

At some point I took my bottle of water and my MP3 player out of my shoulder bag. I had downloaded a talk by Eckhart Tolle before. I can't remember which one it was. Most of what he had to say I had heard before. I didn't really mind. I would often just listen to his voice. It had become soothing and familiar to me. I let my eyes rest on the horizon and my mind went out of focus. I sighed and wobbled a bit from left to right.

I didn't expect anything to happen. This moment was complete, but then he said something that made my heart burst with feelings. He said on the recording:

"What was there before the Universe began..... is still within you".

That was the last thing I heard. I could feel my awareness opening up. The "I" in my life-story blurred within seconds. I no longer knew where I ended and nature began. The distance between me and the swans no longer existed. I was the wooden planks on the bridge. I was the air that rippled over the water. I was the sun that caressed the earth. I was the voice of somebody who never met me. I was a car in the far distance and all I could feel was love, love, unbound love!!!

I knew that I had to be there at that moment. I knew that it couldn't have been any other way. I knew that the "I" had so little significance in the big picture. It was very overwhelming, but in a pleasant way.

When I came back to my senses I wiped my face. I had been crying and had not even notice it. Tired and a bit dazzled I went home. It's something that I will never forget. Even though I would like to relive it, I know that it was the spontaneous play of life and I can't make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment